General Description of the Job
An Area Manager position is responsible for management and operations of 3 to 4 Vehicle Inspection Stations (“A”) in nearby cities. Vehicle Inspection “A” stations are 3 lane facilities with 20 – 30 employees. “A” stations process, inspect, and certifies thousands of motor vehicles every month for safety and exhaust emissions. The Area Manager is directly responsible for the daily operation, budget management, and general performance of the staff and station of his station and the station managers under his reporting. He/she has a team of direct reports that comprise quality station managers (3), Lane Chief (2), Admin Support Officer (2); Customer Service Representatives (1) and lane chiefs (3). There are also 10 – 15 full time vehicle inspectors that report to the lane chiefs. Together, the team performs vehicle tests, provides good customer service, and manages the administrative tasks required of the station with a high standard of competence.
General Requirements for Candidates
The position requires a person who can manage people, deal with customers, understand technical issues, and ensure that his staff delivers high quality inspections and good customer service. He/she must be able to motivate the team to achieve the goals of the program. He/she should be able to take the initiative to solve problems even in the absence of direct supervision from others. The manager must be able to think on their feet and deal with a myriad of variables that present themselves every day. They should be familiar with and have practical experience in general business practices, management techniques, operations, and financial processes. Prior experience in Automobile industry and Armed services will be an added advantage.
The candidate must at least have a Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or operations from a recognized university with some background and knowledge in Electrical/Mechanical/Automobile Engineering, IT systems and technology. The position requires at least five years’ prior experience managing a medium sized business with administrative and technical personnel, preferably in a private/public business environment. The manager must have reliable transportation, be able to speak good English/Urdu, be available to travel to meetings in Punjab and elsewhere for training, and to be physically able to meet the requirements of this role. The candidate should have a high level of integrity and should have the ability to keep his team accountable on professional and ethical conduct.
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Area Manager Reports to: General Manager
- Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of a test station, managing of customer traffic, personnel, scheduling, daily fee reconciliation, meet all operational and budgetary goals and objectives.
- Salary Range & Benefits: Health, Vacation. Commensurate with Education and Experience.
- Hours Required: Minimum of 50 hours per week.
1. Manage the daily operations of the Station
2. Open and/or Close the Test station in conjunction with Assistant Station Manager
3. Manage up to 25 full and part time personnel
4. Implement and enforce all company policies and procedures.
5. Make schedule and assign station personnel duties
6. Implement and enforce all HR related issues including hiring, discipline and employment guidelines.
7. Prepare daily operations reports
8. Prepare daily deposit and complete armored transport transactions
9. Troubleshoot equipment issues, prepare work orders and follow-up with equipment technicians
10. Coach and Train personnel as required
1. Station Audits
2. Supervise Station Appearance requirement
3. Make minor repairs as needed
4. Prepare and follow-up on all supply order to HQ
5. Operate a test unit, remote unit, test vehicles on demand.
6. Supervise Test lanes
7. Maintain and update all company manuals, binders, bulletin boards, and message mediums
8. Assign daily work assignments and cleaning duties
9. Daily updates to supervisor related to station operations
10. Other assignments as directed by the Line Supervisor Manager
|Job Category||Vehical Inspection|